Saturday, February 23, 2013

Fearless 6yr old



I can face my fears

I have had several experiences today that have kept me thinking about the many areas I need growth and improvement in.  I lost patience more than once today, wrestled with some anger and resentment, recognized my need for better boundaries, plenty of areas I could find ways to work on affirming the changes I want to make.  I started writing when my oldest daughter came down stairs.  We had just finished a rather dramatic bedtime again and even though we figured things out eventually it was one of the moments today where I lost my patience.  

She asked me what I was doing and I told her I was about to write my affirmation for today.  Instead of writing what I had originally planned I would instead like to share with you our conversation and let it stand as is for today's affirmation.  I believe this came as a result of what happened last week and affirms the power of  showing up .
 
"What are you going to write about?"

"I think I'm going to write about boundaries."

"You could write about facing your fears."

"Yeah, that's a good idea.  What kind of fears are you facing right now?"

"Like facing your fears when you don't know something and you find out about it."

"So facing your fears by finding out stuff about things you don't know about?"

"Yeah."

"What do you do to face your fears when you don't know something."
 
"Asking somebody for help."

"So you can face your fears by asking for help from others when you don't know what to do?"

"Yeah."


2 comments:

  1. There is a lot of wisdom in that conversation.Hopfully I can relie on that wisdom for my self to use with my family and friends. I had a similer conversation with a friend that made me realize if I show up and be honist in my life things are less dreadful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm struggling with how to express my feelings about this post. I find it a little ironic since basically my adult mind is muddled, unlike the mind of a young person.

    Children are a wonderful reminder to us that sometimes the problems or solutions we're faced with may often be less complicated than we make them out to be.

    I've been thinking a lot about this conversation between you and your daughter during the past couple of days. What a wonderful reminder for me to keep problems simple by breaking them down, talking about them, and asking for help.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete