Sunday, February 17, 2013

Do who you are



I am living authentically

Being my authentic self is when I bring who I am and what I do into alignment.  The more I nourish my authentic self the more I see an increase in joy and serenity.

No reward is worth the price of selling-out my authentic self. There are many opportunities everyday to compromise myself. I think it rarely comes as a dramatic moment that forces me to choose if I will be true to who I am. I believe it most often occurs as a multitude of tiny transactions where I give up a little piece at a time.  I nickle and dime my authentic self until it feels like I am lost, and bankrupt. A tiny lie, looking the other way, giving in, making concessions, striking a deal, and pretending erodes away my authenticity a small piece at a time.  No amount of fitting in, pain avoidance, uncertainty reduction  or false acceptance is worth the cost of losing my authentic self. 

I am faithfully fighting for my true self daily. If I begin to feel I have lost myself I don't have to go searching for it, just make a choice to reclaim it.

No comments:

Post a Comment