Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Road trip



I approach life with patience

Last year we took our 2 oldest children to Disneyland.  It was decided that we would split the drive to California over 2 days, but that no mention of the happiest place on earth would be made until after we had arrived.  At first it was tough to dodge some of the frequent questions about where we were going, but it was much better than 11 hours of, "are we there yet?"  My girls' enthusiasm always trumps their ability to be patient and present in the moment.  In that same sense I am often guilty of impatience with myself when considering my growth process. 

I am not where I want to be...yet. It does not matter that I have not reached my destination. I am exactly where I need to be right now.  Even when I do reach a goal, I may see that I still have further to go in refining the vision I have for myself.

The product of my hopes is only relevant in its' ability to help me chart my course. From that point my task is not to lament the distance I have yet to travel, but to set myself in motion and patiently persevere. My focus is to take a single conscious breath, and then another. To take one step in faith, and then another.  In so doing I patiently embrace the process of living.

No comments:

Post a Comment