Sunday, February 24, 2013

Story time



I can share my story with others

Walking the path of authenticity is brutal sometimes.  Most of the month of February has been tough and this past week especially.  I faced challenges I did not expect, my health has been under attack, and a myriad of tiny problems piled on one after another.  I know the path I have chosen is not an easy one, but I still have a difficult time keeping my head up when things get heavy.

I used to have a reoccurring nightmare where I had to get away from some sort of danger and it was as if I was running in slow motion.  My feet felt as if they were trapped in cement and the feeling of helplessness and frustration is overwhelming.  It has felt like that for me lately and I hate it.  I hate talking about it even more.

My experiences can benefit others only if I am willing to share my story.  It is not because I have answers but rather it is because when I am transparent I validate the struggles of others and affirm that I am enough.  I hope that everyone has experienced that rare and valuable moment when someone you think has everything together stops pretending and shares openly.  In that moment of honesty true connection is forged and strengthens the hearts of us all.  When I share not just my victories but also my vulnerabilities it can bring hope and courage to continue on our journeys. 

“Authenticity is a collection of choices that we have to make every day. It's about the choice to show up and be real. The choice to be honest. The choice to let our true selves be seen."  Brene Brown


No comments:

Post a Comment