Tuesday, January 22, 2013

The difference between knowing the path and walking the path



I live with a sense of purpose and value

I believe that life has purpose.  As I have been pondering this idea I was reminded of a scene from a movie I recently watched.  It is from the second movie in the Matrix trilogy and the scene begins with Neo meeting with the Oracle.  He has reached a critical point in his journey and he is uncertain which direction to go.  At one point in the conversation the Oracle says to Neo, "we are all here to do, what we are all here to do."  Not long afterwards Neo encounters his nemesis Mr. Smith who tells Neo, "for as we both know, without purpose we would not exist. It is purpose that created us, purpose that connects us, purpose that pulls us, that guides us, that drives us, that binds us, it is purpose that defines us."

If life does indeed have purpose then I begin to understand that I have a crucial part in the story.  Who else can do what I am here to do?  Recognizing I have a part and purpose helps me see myself and life the way I need to.

When I see and feel a fullness of purpose it gives me the willingness to dare to reach my potential and walk my path of personal truth.  In the moments where I am doing the thing I was meant to do, for the right reasons, and to my utmost capabilities I see my purpose realized.  In those moments I have felt the connection, in the zone, flow, enlightenment, tao, or however you would describe an experience that is impossible to define but is undoubtedly known.  Walking my path of personal truth with authenticity and a sense of purpose allows me to experience those moments, and confirms my incalculable worth and irreplaceable role in a story that is about all of us.

What can I do today to recognize my worth and purpose?  

No comments:

Post a Comment