Thursday, January 24, 2013

Out to lunch



I nourish my needs daily
 
It's 2:30 and I still have not taken time to eat lunch.  I wish I could say this is an isolated incident but it happens all to frequently.  Maybe for some people this would not be much cause for concern but I know that the way I respond to that self deprivation is not healthy for me.  I have the capacity to get cranky when I am hungry and it affects more than just my mood.  When I wait to eat I am also more likely to eat types of food and amounts that are not healthy for me.  It is one indication of a trend where I do not pay attention to what I am missing. 
 
A good gardener does not wait until a plant's leaves are wilting before watering them.  If I want to be healthy I need to be consciously aware of my needs and nourish them each day.  I will notice the need for connection before I feel isolated and cut-off.  I will nourish myself spiritually before I feel out of touch with my Higher Power.  I will rest and find ways to manage stress before I break down physically or mentally. 

 
I will start by getting some food.  Have the best day possible and take good care of yourself today! 


No comments:

Post a Comment