Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Pushing reset



I am beginning anew

Sometimes it feels like I need a giant reset button.  It can be frustrating to look at certain patterns I've created and wonder how I got here.  Even when I have the clarity to recognize the need for change it can be difficult to let go of what I am used to.  I have heard it said that the hell we know is sometimes preferred over the hell we don't know.

Although past behavior can be the greatest predictor of future actions, I am not a prisoner of my past. Each day I can choose to make changes to the well worn paths I've made. Even when those changes seem small they can make an enormous difference on my future.

"It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power." - Alan Cohen

2 comments:

  1. This feels like an en vogue theme for myself and a few others I know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could say I've only felt this way once or twice. Guess I am still learning!

    ReplyDelete