Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Running on Empty



My energy is focused on making
a positive difference for myself and others

After very little sleep last night, an early start with class at 7:30, and compounded by my infernal cold I was reminded how everything in my life requires energy. Sometime early this afternoon I ran out of it. I was ready to take a nap but circumstances and my youngest daughter conspired against it. 

I was fortunate to get a nice boost of energy through connecting with a couple of good friends over the phone. Having my energy start so low today, feeling myself get depleted, then getting a boost reminded me how important it is for me to focus my energy in the places that matter.

Huge amounts of energy can be spent worrying, holding a grudge, trying to maintain a certain image, or trying to control others. Those things sap my energy into a black-hole where it is lost. I can only imagine what I would be capable of if I stopped wasting it in those ways. I would have plenty of energy to listen, reach out, commit fully to my goals, do self-care, to be authentic and whatever else is needed when facing the challenges encountered as I walk my path. 

What areas in your life are wasting energy?
What do you need to charge your batteries?

No comments:

Post a Comment