Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Never Graduate



I am teachable

During the time I have spent in the classroom as both a teacher and student I have learned an import truth: it is futile trying to teach anybody something that they don't want to learn. My life is overflowing with opportunities for my growth and learning. I can only be taught once I have developed the willingness to learn. 

I have had some mornings (such as today) that I awake with a sense of dread and foreboding. I wonder when the day will end even as it is barely beginning. I am not open to learning or experiencing what life has to offer. Instead I have times where I respond by withdrawing and watching myself go through the motions, treating life as if it is something done to me instead of for me. When I make the decision to be willing to learn the lessons life has to teach me in whatever form they may come, I can approach each day with excitement and a feeling of wonder. 

What do you need to do to make yourself teachable? What lessons can be learned today from trials, successes, circumstances, relationships and experiences?

1 comment:

  1. when we choose to act rather then be acted upon we take ownership for who we are and who we become. Great post Clair

    ReplyDelete