Friday, April 5, 2013

Committed



I am firmly committed

Working toward making the changes needed to reach my full potential is without question the hardest thing I have ever done. Old patterns and ways of thinking can be difficult to alter. Sometimes I get direct opposition to the things I want for myself.  At other times the danger comes from wanting to avoid the hard work it takes to accomplish my goals. There are even times when apathy or distractions keep me from focusing on where I want to go. Nothing of value comes without difficulty. 

When I look back a day, week, or years from now I want to remember this as a time I pushed through all of the potential barriers and made it through. It does not need to look perfect, I just need to persevere. I want to see that when I fell I got back up, when things got difficult I persevered, and that I stayed true to my authentic self. The only regrets I will hold is if I give up before my journey is finished. 

Today I commit to continue walking my path. 

"Wanting something is not enough. You must hunger for it. Your motivation must be absolutely compelling in order to overcome the obstacles that will invariably come your way." - Les Brown

2 comments:

  1. Very nice post. I never like having to go through trials and tribulations, but I can also see how that's precisely when I have the most personal growth, the kind of growth that takes me closer to being who I want to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eric! I am trying to learn how to appreciate my trials, but usually I am unable to do that until after they are over...

      Delete