Monday, February 11, 2013

List is not a 4 letter word



I follow through with what I plan
 
 
I think everyone has certain gifts, planning is not one of mine.  I think what makes me anxious about making lists is that it feels like I am setting myself up for failure.  I do not get a sense of relief when I cross something off the list, usually I am just focused on what is still left to do. 
 
I decided yesterday that because I had experienced a couple of rough Mondays in a row,(http://canffirmations.blogspot.com/2013/02/case-of-mondays.html) I was going to do something different.  I took drastic measures and made a plan.  Not a plan to reach all my wildest dreams or to take over the world, but to have what I considered a successful day. 
 
I reflected on what would make a good day for me based on my current needs and then tried to figure out how to accomplish it.  The plan was essentially to connect with myself, my Higher Power, and others.  I did that through scheduling time for meditation, prayer, lunch with a friend, challenging myself, exercising, and expressing gratitude. 
 
I am still stalling a little bit on the exercise portion, but following through with the plans I make for myself gives me focus and a sense of accomplishment.  Staying focused on becoming my best possible self takes attention and planning.  With that I am off to the gym.
 
What plans do you need for tomorrow to make it the kind of day you want it to be?  


No comments:

Post a Comment