Saturday, May 4, 2013

Do you think you can dance?



I am danceful

The past 24 hours have been fairly miserable for me. I am sick and last night I could not breathe from massive congestion and my sleep was fitful at best.  I feel awful. Today was picture day for my girls soccer teams so I had to drag myself around feeling like death warmed over and wondering when the day would end. I just want to hide somewhere quiet and sleep until I start to feel better. 

Despite feeling strongly about the ability of affirmations to enact change I was not so sure that was going to do the trick with how I was feeling so I was thinking about just calling it a day without posting. Just as I was about to crawl into bed I was reminded of an affirmation my daughter came up with last year. She had just taken an interest in affirmations and as I was driving her to school she asked me if I had done my affirmation for the day. I shared mine with her and asked what she wanted to affirm, she replied, "I am danceful." 

In the 2 years I have been creating affirmations I still have not written one I like better. Even though physically I have been struggling just to make it through the day and I was not about to start doing the cha-cha, I think that the expression of dance starts from a much deeper place. Even when I am curled up in a ball hacking and wheezing I can be danceful at heart. 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Clair for posting an affirmation even when you didn't feel like it. I was uplifted by this post and "Breakdown." I appreciate your effort to acknowledge the positive that is always present, even when we're feeling at our worst. I missed seeing you yesterday, and I hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope so too! Thanks Ruthie

    ReplyDelete