Monday, March 25, 2013

Unwritten



I am the author of my life

I love a good story.  In particular I am inspired by the underdog that overcomes the seemingly impossible. In my own story it sometimes feels like life has created a set of circumstances that leave me locked in to patterns that keep playing out the same set of results. It appears that my story has already been written.  I am locked in and I either lack the skills to overcome, or that I do not have the choice to do something different. It can feel like my story has already been written and I have no choice to play out my part to its' inevitable conclusion. It may even seem that every act is just one more chapter in a never ending tragedy. 

It is a mistake to think I am only a character in this story. My role is bigger than just the part I think has been written for me...I am the author. If I find that the lines that past circumstance have written for me do not tell the story I want, then it is time to begin rewriting the script.  I own this story, it is mine, and I am meant to be the hero that overcomes the odds and reaches my full potential.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment