Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Heads up!



I am looking up



This past summer I took a motorcycle safety course where I learned the basics of how to operate a motorcycle. During the classroom portion I learned about proper riding technique. I learned that the majority of accidents that are caused by rider error occur during turning maneuvers.
 
When I got on the bike and started to ride the instructors constantly reinforced "looking through the turn." It isn't enough to shift your gaze towards your destination, you have to turn your face and whole head. As I practiced this I discovered that wherever I turned my head my body and the bike would follow. It felt exaggerated at first but it was necessary if I wanted to make it through a tight turn.
 
If I am going to make it where I want to go in life I must do more than hope to get there. I must go beyond occasionally glancing in that direction. I must turn my eyes, my face, my whole head towards my goals.  Today I am looking up towards my Higher Power and my chosen path. 

1 comment: