Thursday, February 7, 2013

Checking the rear-view mirror



I am glancing back so that I may move forward

At times I get twisted up in whatever my current circumstances may be. I look at how fresh and immediate my problems appear and how far away my goals seem to be and begin to lose heart. Instead of getting stuck I can gain perspective by recognizing how far I have come in my journey. 

I may look back and see that I was able to make it through previous trials and feel the strength I have gained. I might look back and see how bad things were at times and re-commit to a vision for my future. I can also look back and be revitalized by cataloging how much I have learned and accomplished. 

Glancing back helps me gain the perspective I need to return to the present and continue moving forward in my journey with increased gratitude, confidence, hope and conviction.

No comments:

Post a Comment