Monday, January 14, 2013

A heaping plate of me



I am nourishing the me I want to be

I am beautifully imperfect.  I have the capacity for love, anger, fear, hope, compassion, greed, envy, humility, hatred and all the best and worst of what it means to be human. I haven't always wanted to admit to the dark potential I hold but to deny something or ignore it only gives it strength.

If I feed bitterness it will grow, if I look for ways to be forgiving it will expand. My choice in every circumstance and experience is not what parts of my humanness is exposed, but which of those parts of me I will nourish and allow to grow.  I will allow myself to feel it all and then expand the parts of me that are consistent with my authentic self.

What opportunities do I have to nurture who I want to be today?

No comments:

Post a Comment