Monday, March 11, 2013

How does your garden grow?




I am cultivating my truths

I kind of grew a garden last summer. In one section of the garden I planted some tomatoes and corn but before they reached maturity they were choked out by crabgrass when I got too busy to weed. I also had corn in another section of the garden that didn't produce because I had sprinkler problems and the corn withered when it did not receive proper moisture. I also lost some peppers and tomatoes that rotted on the vine when I waited to long to harvest them.


The seeds I planted were good but what they produced was dependent on how I cared for them. What seeds of truth in my life do I currently neglect or are choked out by the cares of the world? For example I know I should exercise regularly but when I get busy it is one of the first things I neglect. How often do I insist I am too busy or it's too hard to pursue my truths? As I develop new skills and patterns I have learned if I do not nourish them through attention and persistent practice they will wither.  Today I will consciously cultivate my truths and reap the harvest.

No comments:

Post a Comment